Monday, August 10, 2009

Saturday Sushi

My 1 year project was finally labeled v1.0.0.0 last week, which means 0 (zero) pressure for now at least.

So I decided to take a walk and refresh for a moment on a very sunny saturday. I was planning to walk around Kyoto train station but then decided to go in Sanjo to spend the rest of the day.

Besides from walking all day long, I ate sushi for lunch. This restaurant is a traditional japanese sushi-ya, it has a conveyor belt where sushi travels around the customers and waiting for pick up.

鮨屋


Rotating sushi


I also took pictures of my personal favorites on that shop:
(5.0 is highest)

1. 生いか (fresh squid) Rating: 5.0
The squids where very fresh, I really thought that eating them is like eating rubber bands, but I was surprised how soft they were.


2. つけまぐろ (tuna) Rating 4.8
This was just an ordinary tuna sushi except that the tuna was 1 inch wide and around 2 1/2 inches long.


3. まぐろ (tuna) Rating: 4.5
Only that out part of the fish is lightly cooked, it was very tasty and also there was a minty taste which blends well with the fish.


4. 生えび (fresh shrimp) Rating: 4.5

Shrimps are cut wide spread with wasabi underneath them. Nothing special except that it was noticeably very soft.



Wasabi

I am a wasabi freak. I love the intense feeling it brings! hehe


Stacks


Drinks
It was a very hot day in Kyoto last saturday. So I decided to quench the thirst when I saw this shop.


Hyuga Summer
I got this drink from the above shop, it was a bit cheap, only 350円. I thought that it was a sweet fruity drink, but it surprised me. It's like putting 1/4 vinegar and 1/2 water and 1/4 ice! It was so sour, no fruity taste at all. It was like "sukang paombong" with water. After 5 sips, the taste became better, my taste buds might have adjusted.


Hope you enjoyed it!

Next post would be Sunday Ramen..

No comments: